Saturday, January 24, 2009

i want to do it with you

all i wanted to do,
was to do it with you,
on nice clean sheets,
of staff paper.
it all sounds all wrong,
lots of laughter,
from the cacklers,
my oh, my oh, my oh, my
it couldn't be anything less than that.
do i wear stilettos?
do i sweat?
well, yes, i sweat.
and i stammer.
what you think of my why,
could come down like a hammer.
I'm blonder and more blue eyed.
and i sing along,
in the shower,
where i feel power.

i understand what you say.
like i said it too, two seconds late,
but it was all you.
i have to admit, i own lipgloss,
i only wear it when i know you'll be at the dog park.
my hair is messy, and no make up, 
just a little shine,
to keep me in your mind. is that a crime?
when you step in shit,
we both laugh and laugh,
sometimes a dog will break the ice
and teach us a trick.
'come on you two, its not so serious!'
can i show you me?
when im not hustling the gents,
 i'm quite a woman when i'm far above my sex.
i think you'll get it, and say 'ah, i get it."
so whats taking you so long?, 11 years after one song,
i know you keep going back to it.
i pop up in weird places.
a sign?
not by my design.
it could be all wrong,
but maybe pristine.
what if it were really pristine?
that would be the laugh resounding
all through the industry.
that would be crazy.






No comments: